Among the Wren churches you’ll see on this guided walk are:
- His masterpiece: St Paul’s Cathedral (note: we won’t be going in but why not visit it before or after the walk?)
- St Nicholas Cole Abbey, with its distinctive galleon weathervane and excellent cafe
- The spires of St Vedast Foster Lane and Christ Church Newgate Street
- St Mary-le-Bow, where you’ll learn about the origins of a London cockney and a strong connection to the United States
- St Mary Aldermary, an unusual gothic-style church with a stunning plasterwork ceiling
- St James Garlickhythe, known as ‘Wren’s Lantern’
- St Michael Paternoster Royal, associated with Dick Whittington
- St Stephen Walbook, with its impressive dome and stunning Henry Moore altar
The walk ends near Bank Station and lasts a little under 2 hours. Please note: children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
City Guides are the Official Guides to the City of London. They are qualified, accredited and insured.